FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1.What is Sublimation printing?
In simple term, it means vaporizing an image printed on a transfer paper with special type of ink onto mug/tile/t-shirt/stone/plates etc.
NOTE: Dye-sublimation is a Time-Sensitive procedure and each heat press and each production environment will have it’s own unique properties. Small adjustments may be necessary to achieve optimum results.
2.What is the purpose of a Heat Press?
A heat press is the machine that presses a transfer onto an imprintable substrate. Using high temperatures and heavy pressures for a certain amount of time, the transfer is permanently embedded into the product.
3.What do I require for Sublimation printing?
- Sublimation Printer
- Dye sublimation inks
- Sublimation paper
- Heat press / Mug Press.
4.Do I need a different kind of printer for Sublimation printing?
Yes. You need the specific printer which has the advantage to refill the Sublimation ink.
Our technical experts will provide you the software details.
5.What kind of ink do I need?
This depends on the material you want to do heat transfer. Ceramic products like tile or mug, you have to use sublimation ink, but if like polyester T-shirt or mouse pad you can use dye or pigment ink.
6.What kind of paper do I need?
For sublimation there are different papers developed for different substrates. Mouse pad, bags, fabrics are best transferred using special transfer paper. When transferring items such as ceramics, glass you can use normal inkjet paper.
7.Do I have to produce a large number of items?
No. One of the advantage of Sublimation printing is that you can cost effectively produce the no of print which is required by the customers.
8.What items can be heat pressed?
The following are some of the far more common items often heat pressed: Mugs, Ceramic Plates, Ceramic Tiles, T-Shirts, Caps, Mouse Pads, Rubik’s Cube, Jigsaw Puzzles, Name Plates and many more products.
9. How do I produce a printed item?
For this example we will explain how to produce a Tile.
Firstly you would produce your image using a suitable graphics package, such as Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. You have to make the image size a little larger to allow the image to ‘bleed’ over the edge of the Tile so that there is no white edge showing.
The mirror image is required to print out, onto sublimation paper. The resulting transfer is then laid face up and the Tile is laid onto it, printable side down. The image is aligned in position and then heat resistant tape is used to hold the transfer in place so that the Tile can be heat pressed with the transfer face up.
For a 6’’ x 6’ Tile the heat press would be preheated to degree.
10.Do you provide any training to operate the machines?
Yes. Our technical experts will provide you the practical training.
11.Problem: The colors in my transferred image are incorrect.
Solution: The most common reason that colors transfer incorrectly is not using the color correction software included with the SubliJet inks. Make sure that you are using the appropriate color correction software when you print your image.
12. Problem: There are streaks across my image.
Solution: Streaks in the printouts can be caused by a dirty print head. There are several ways to initiate a print head cleaning on printers. If this problem arises then please clean your printer’s print head.
13. Problem: The paper sticks to the mugs every time I want to do Sublimation on it.
Solution: This problem occurs due to softening of the coating when the mug is heated during the transfer process. To reduce the effects of the softened coating, remove the paper from the mug before cooling. If any residue remains, you may clean the surface of the mug with rubbing alcohol after it has been fully cooled.
14. Problem: My Papers are peeling off washing.
Solution: Set your Heat Press under heavy pressure mentioned in the chart, so that it takes good effort to close the press.
15. Problem: The image blurred after printing every time.
Solution: Ensure you have good resolution picture, and/or increase the pressure or temperature on the Heat Press / Mug Press.
16. Problem: Want to prevent the nozzles clogging on the sublimation printer.
Solution: We advice to print a full colour design off (about quarter A4 page) by every 3-4 days to prevent the nozzles clogging.
17. Problem: The Red Indicator in the Heat Press is not glowing and Display Board is blank also
Solution:Please check the plug point and power cord. Most probably the problem rose from these devices.
18. Problem: The Red Indicator in the Heat Press is glowing but nothing is showing in the Display Board.
Solution:At first, check the fuse, if it’s damaged, change it.
If the fuse is okay, then check the wire connection on the timer.
19. Problem: Temperature set to 180 degree in the Heat Press, but it rose to 200-205 degree automatically and the heating element is also heating up.
Solution: Check the wire connection on the controller.
20. Problem: Temperature set to 180 degree, but temperature reached to 70-75 degree, heating elements are not heating up properly.
Solution: Please check the temperature sensor cable, it may be damaged. If so, then you have to replace it.
21. Problem: Temperature set to 180 degree in the Heat Press, placed the product on print, pressed the handle, but time calculator did not start.
Solution: At first, check the sensor, see whether the metal clip attached with the sensor is working or not. Press the black roller on the metal clip and find if the metal clip is moving inside with a low sound or not. If it’s moving then the sensor clip is okay. If it’s not moving, then they are loose. Do fresh soldering to fix them up.
Secondly, check the connector of the sensor. If it is found broken then you have to change it.
22. Problem: Heating elements are not working but Heat Press showing display at 470 degree on the Display Board.
Solution: Check the heating element. Probably it has been damaged. You have to send the machine for repairing or changing.
23. Problem: Time countdown started and completed but the bazaar is off.
Solution: Check the bazaar connection is ok or not.
24. Problem: Press adjustment nuts are not working properly, facing problem to press.
Solution: At first, check the pressure adjustment nut thread, if it looks dry the use some machine oil or white grease to lubricate it and then rotate the knob slowly.
In second stage, check the heating element if it has been loosen up which may cause problem to the rotation of pressure adjustment nut because of misbalance of the heating element. If so, then fix the heating element.
25. Problem: Display temperature is showing 470 degree on Display Board in Mug Press Machine, Red Indicator is glowing also, but SET/INC/DEC buttons are not working at all.
Solution: Check if the heating pad connector is connected properly with the machine.
26. Problem: The heating pad has suddenly stopped working.
Solution: You have to replace the Heating pad. Contact our helpline no for replacement
27. Problem: Impression on the mug of the image is blur after using Mug Press Machine.
Solution: Check the heating pad wrinkles whether it is smooth or not.
Rough surface with wrinkles might cause white shade coming after sublimation.
28. Do I have to do any type of maintenance or cleaning of the machines?
In case of maintenance, dusting or cleaning with a mild household cleaner is enough.
29. If my machine needs service, what will I do?
You have to send the machine to our Factory for servicing.
30.I can't find an answer to my problems, how can I find out more?
Send us an e-mail, a massage on watsapp or call our helpline no. We will do our best to get you an answer as soon as possible.